- Tamper proof; (ESP) fittings are designed as a permanent joint. Risk of fire or explosion due to hot work is eliminated.
- No fumes or smoke are produced, eliminating the need for special ventilation and creating a safer environment particularly in confined spaces.
- No brazing is required thus reducing the potential for injuries.
- Fabrication of piping systems utilizing (ESP) fittings are intrinsically safe since no torches, open flames or sparks are associated with installation or maintenance.
- Install and inspect marks provide post-installation quality control through visual verification of installers work.
Joint reliability is & "machined into" and not reliant on the skill or touch of the welder / brazer.
- Redundant metal-to-metal seals produce a gas-tight connection that is safe for services in fire hazardous areas and systems.
- The seals will not melt or degrade during fire. Installation is a "cold work" process thus eliminating the heat affected zone and the deteriorated metallurgical properties associated with such zones. Rework is drastically reduced or eliminated.
- Installation times are a fraction of that required by conventional methods.
- No hot work means no fire watches and no disruption from events that may stop hot work.
- Fittings may be installed in a system that is not or cannot be thoroughly drained or shut off.
- Minimum training and qualification requirements reduce time off of the job and training costs.
- Purge requirements from brazing are completely eliminated. Inter-trade disruption is reduced.
- Damages to surrounding wiring, tile, equipment and painted surfaces are eliminated. Reduced installation times result in schedule flexibility.
Improved Productivity and Job Scheduling
- (ESP) fittings can be consistently installed in the field at a rate of approximately 10 times faster than equivalent Braized connections.
- (ESP) fittings can be installed underground, reduce downtime of underground repairs or installations with all the benefits of our fittings.
- Eliminates or significantly reduces welding-related costs such as hot work permits, Hospital downtime. Eliminates the need to purge lines as required for hot work.
Repeatable, Reliable Connections
- The (ESP) system requires only a minimum of skill to install and maintain a leak-free system the first time.
- The quality of the system is “designed into” the fitting - independent of the installer.
- Your authorized LOKRING representative, LOKRING Technology, and our Limited Lifetime Warranty stand behind every LOKRING connection.
Easy Access - Closed Space Pipe Runs
- Compact, lightweight hydraulic installation tools require only one-plane of access on fitting application.
Closely spaced pipe runs can be fabricated or repaired using (ESP) fittings. A 2” NPS pipe can be run on as little as 3 1/2 " centers.
Low Rework - Less than 0.1%
- Repair with (ESP) through-bore designs are as simple as cut, slip fitting over pipe, and Install!
- Historical rework rates for (ESP) fittings are less than 0.1% of all installations.
- Zero contamination in the tube or pipe connections eliminates the need for blast purging piping system
Large Project Benefits
- Use of our (ESP) fittings on large projects will substantially reduce your carbon footprint.
- It will make searching for and repairing leaks fundamentally a thing of the past.
- Worries of copper oxides are alleviated because there is no high temperature brazing.
- Particulate matter will no longer be an issue due to the quick coupling of two pipe ends once the shipping plugs or caps are removed.
- Hauling around heave bottles of nitrogen, acetylene and oxygen, as well as setting up nitrogen purge is eliminated.
- No need to purchase equipment or have an employee continuously monitor nitrogen purge and alert the person doing the brazing if nitrogen is low. (This is a requirement by CAN/CSA Z7396.1-09).
- Risk of burn related injuries directly related to piping heated to over 700 deg C that can easily cause first degree burns will no longer be a concern.
Emergency Repair Benefits
- Lightweight equipment when compared to everything needed to braze a joint.
- One convenient wheeled carry case transports easily in any vehicle.
- Simply assess the situation, determent fittings and extra pipe if needed, and take action.
- No dangerous copper oxides formed due to brazing without nitrogen purge.