The photo to the right shows an emergency repair where they installed a prefabricated zone valve box (ZVB) within a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. One of the facilities requirements was that there be little to no interruption of service. The use of (ESP) couplings to connect the zone valve box enabled the NICU to be back up and running within minutes of the final connection. The total time including the floor isolation of all three services, removal of the existing ZVB, the installation of the new ZVB, the coupling of all 3 services up and downstream of the ZVB, returning the floor isolation valves to the on position and finally going live took less than 30 minutes.
The benefits of (ESP) Medical Gas Fittings and Training are unmatched when compared to the typical procedure. A short training course is all that is required for contractors with CAN/CSA Medical Gas Piping Installer Certification. The (ESP) Technology has been used by the Marine, Biotech, Automotive, Power Generation, Chemical Processing and Railroad industries worldwide since 1989.
- ZERO brazing necessary
- ZERO nitrogen purge required
- ZERO copper oxide formation
- ZERO danger of melting, heating or burning of ambient materials in the area (such as adjacent wiring, other medical gas lines and pneumatic lines)
- ZERO burn permits needed
- ZERO fire brigade standby necessary
- ZERO shutdown of smoke or fire sensors in the area
- ZERO cooling of brazed joints * immediate usage following leak test
- Minimal patient disruption
- Special configurations may be available.